Monday, December 21, 2009

Is it safe to get facials and use chemical peels during pregnancy ?

My skin is in its worst state ever.. i am breaking out and its dull and the complexion seems lifeless and dark. I have cosmetologist who has suggest some treatments. Is it safe during pregnancy ?Is it safe to get facials and use chemical peels during pregnancy ?
There's no way to predict how your skin will change over these nine months, and a facial can be a great way to help adjust to differences in texture and moisture, but your complexion may be a lot more sensitive now, so you definitely want to skip harsh peels and microdermabrasion. And once you're past the first trimester, ask to be propped up with pillows so you're not lying flat on your back -- this position can slow circulation and make you feel dizzy.Is it safe to get facials and use chemical peels during pregnancy ?
Think about it ';chemical'; probably not. Hell what do you need one for anyway your pregnant trust me you are already glowing.
It's OK to get facials but NOT chemical peels! I had a facial around 14 weeks pregnant and no problems yet. I verified with the salon that I was pregnant and the woman used all natural facial creams on me. Usually salons have special treatments for pregnant women if you let them know ahead of time. How far along are you? My complexion has actually improved the longer I've been pregnant. Now at 27 weeks without a pimple :) I'd recommend a facial because the massage you get with it relieves a lot of stress. Treat yourself!
O MY!!! Yes it is safe. Ppl and all the things they say to scare us pregnant women. It's not like you are going to drink the stuff you put on your face. Yes it is safe.
I would definately ask your OBGYN about this...


I think anything with the word chemical in it isn't safe.
nO!

1 comment:

  1. Hi friends,

    Chemical peel uses a chemical solution to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin by removing its damaged outer layers. All chemical peels carry some uncertainty and risk. Chemical peel is normally a safe procedure when it is performed by a qualified, experienced dermatologist. Thanks a lot...

    Day Spa Packages

    ReplyDelete