Monday, December 21, 2009

Is it okay to give a facial peel I was allergic to to someone else as a gift?

It was expensive and I couldnt return it, plus I need a gift for a party in 3 hours! and I only used a little bit of htis product... is it okay to give it as a gift... or rude?Is it okay to give a facial peel I was allergic to to someone else as a gift?
I wouldn't. If the party is in three hours just get a gift card for the person. But never should you give someone something that you have already used!Is it okay to give a facial peel I was allergic to to someone else as a gift?
No. Definitively not. (And, definitely not too.)
UH I would personally say yes that it is rude. Now, if that person was to ask for it then it would be ok.But I really wouldnt just give someone something that i have used.
be very careful about regifting. And she will prolly love it. good luck, have fun.
I think I would be insulted of someone gave me a tube of facial peel as a gift - especially if I found out it was already used!





I'm not against re-gifting at all - but this is going a bit too far.





Take the facial peel back where you got it and get a refund! Use the money to buy a real gift - you've got a few hours, I'm sure you can get it done!
I believe I might be offended if I received a Used'; bottle of facial peel. Didn't it have some type of seal on it when you bought it? No, don't give it as a gift. You could give it to her just because you think she might like it, but not as the ';gift';.
I don't know that is rude, it's called regifting and I think a lot of people do it. I would only do it though, if I had the original packaging and it didn't look like it had been used .. One other note are you sure it was just an allergy and there is nothing wrong with the product? If you are then go ahead I say. Why let it go to waste? It's the thought that counts right? Best of Luck
Well, it may be a bit tacky if you've opened the product and have used some of it. It definitely stinks that you are allergic and weren't able to return it! If you can find a way to disguise that you used some, than go for it. Re-gifting isn't rude if you can't use the gift and give it to someone who will appreciate it! Just make sure not to re-gift it to someone who knows the person who gave it to you!
Give the facial peel to your Mom or sister or friend, telling them first why you are not using it, so that if they too have an allergic reaction, they have been fore-warned.


As for a gift to take to the party in 3 hours time, when were you invited? If you've just been invited a few hours/a day or so in advance, then they can't expect you to have a gift at such short notice. If you were invited longer ago, then you should have already taken care of that and not leave it to the last minute to think up a gift.
I would be very leery of giving a gift to someone that you've already opened. It does show a lack of forethought and consideration - even though it was an expensive gift.





ESPECIALLY as you were allergic to it!





I would say to grab a gift card to a local restaurant and put it in a nice envelope with a card. Gift cards show lack of personalization, but they can NEVER be considered tacky... Unless they are half used, too :-)





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment